Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fishing, Fishing, Fishing!

Sorry E, just seeing this. Yeah, it's been a HUGE improvement over the past two years up this way, for sure. Others have been catching some very nice trout, I've caught some fairly decent trout myself. I found them and thought I was just about getting my old groove back, then ol' Hermine came through. Before though, drum of all sizes, the flounder fishing is the best I have seen personally in the last 7 or 8 years. Crossing my fingers for some stellar Fall/Winter trout fishing in the surf, and in the sound as well.

Good luck down that way! Have fun!!!

Went to Harkers Island last Tuesday and limited out on trout in about 3 hours. Kept a 17 and 3 19s. Went today and caught a nice flounder and some small stuff.

Banned
    I caught soooo many Trout that I dont ever want to eat Trout again.

Caught a nice 5 1/2 pound flounder today.

Getting reports of smaller trout in the surf but with some pretty nice trout in the sound. Puppy drum everywhere, big drum at the inlet and off of the piers, some nice flounder, and the stripers are supposedly biting over on the west side of the island with a lot of keeper sized mixed in. I haven't been able to get out on the water in several months, but it's FALL(!!!), I've saved up a few vacation days, and I'll be out there this week!

I'm trying to get out to the surf myself. I do expect a full report...