Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the assistants?

Aw yes, the token white guy... lol! Luv it!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackSI View Post
    That last part is kind of unfortunate but I like AW Hamilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by PackJunky View Post
    Aw yes, the token white guy... lol! Luv it!
    Yea, but his head is shaved, so he's cool.
    Looks promising ... quick Google search ... recruited to WF as a guard, transferred to Marshall, heavily involved (10+ years) at Hargrave, runs a basketball camp - infers he enjoys teaching.

So Keatts is mining his experience/contacts at Ferrum (Johnson), UNCW (Carr) and Hargrave (Siddle - UNCW too), and possibly Hamilton (Hargrave). Makes sense.
    Probably good to have people you know well and trust as he leaps into being a head coach in the toughest league around.
    I remember when we were the best, hoping to see it again.

Have not seen it reported anywhere else on this board so just FYI:
    Justin Gainey has joined Herb Sendeks staff and is now off our board.

I like that Keatts is hiring teachers, not just recruiters. Recruiters are important but you have to be able to coach them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Radman View Post
    I like that Keatts is hiring teachers, not just recruiters. Recruiters are important but you have to be able to coach them up.
    Yep
    The dream is we keep swinging for the 5 star recruits, but any success will have to be built on maximizing the potential of the 'lesser star' players. (like most programs)
    I think that Gott struggled with that. Some guys did improve, but he was most successful with guys that already 'had it.'
    If we can build a reputation of player development, that will sell well in those living room visits.
    I remember when we were the best, hoping to see it again.

I like the KK staff. I though Gott had too many chiefs.

His strength & conditioning coach from UNCW, Pat Murphy, is joining Keatts staff. I think this is probably a good thing because he already knows what coach is looking for and has shown he can meet those standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dof87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosjester87 View Post
    His strength & conditioning coach from UNCW, Pat Murphy, is joining Keatts staff. I think this is probably a good thing because he already knows what coach is looking for and has shown he can meet those standards.
    Curious... anyone know how many coaches he had a UNCW? I would imagine that number could possibly reflect how many he's aiming to get at State.

I expect him to have a full staff. No reason to short change yourself. With the resources of NC State he can basically get most anyone he wants. I think now he just decided to get just enough to get his team through the end of the semester and get a crew out recruiting to make up time. He'll fill the rest of the positions in the summer when he doesnt have practices to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dof87 View Post
    I agree. It definitely seems like KK is not only interested in developing players but coaches as well. I think its great that he is continuing to bring on young talent that knows his vision.
    NC State '13