Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Football Discussion

2017 Football Discussion

Football is only 3 months away. Time to get this hype train rolling.

We have a lot of impact players on this year's team on both sides of the ball. One guy who doesn't get quite as much recognition is Kelvin Harmon. I think his game is similar to Brandon Marshall's. Big guys, good speed, great hands, and can go up and get the ball. I looked at their stats. Kelvin was 27-462-5 TDs. Marshall was 38-479-2 TDs. One big difference though - those are Marshall's 1st 3 years combined stats. He did break out his senior year. I think #3 is going to be a big star for us over the next few years.

This time of year I'm always wondering which RS Freshman will stand out. I don't expect much from true freshman, the ones that play will likely do so sparingly. As for our experienced players on offense, we'll have a full year in Drink's system along with plenty of 4 and 5 year players. I think Harmon could have a huge year and I am sure they are filling the playbook with stuff for Samuels. Hines might have a big year if he can be effective at pass blocking, whichever back excels there will get his share of plays.

I think possibly the most important game of the year could be the first one against South Carolina. It won't be a disaster if we lose, but it probably will set the tone for the rest of the year.

Damn EX, you just took the words right out of my mouth. But, you didn't mention defence. I think it;s going to be very, very strong, One name... CHUBB. That kid is a player. We really really need to beat the Cocks to get off to a good start. Oh Hell, should I edit that last sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    We really really need to beat the Cocks to get off to a good start. Oh Hell, should I edit that last sentence?

No need to edit. I think you have the situation well in hand!

One name... CHUBB. That kid is a player. We really really need to beat the Cocks to get off to a good start.
    Thats how I like to start off my morning

Nope. Not gonna do it. I think you guys have a handle on it.

Open up the floodgates?

Ex,hope you read this. Thanks for your service in the Navy on Memorial Day. Thank God you are still with us. And this also goes out to Vets on this board. Thank you.

Ex,hope you read this. Thanks for your service in the Navy on Memorial Day. Thank God you are still with us. And this also goes out to Vets on this board. Thank you.
    Thanks. It was a privilege and an honor. Though I would have given the ultimate sacrifice, I didn't. Memorial Day is about those who have died to preserve our freedom. Well over a million troops have given their very lives so that we can do here what we do. Cherish your freedom. It wasn't free and it won't last indefinitely.