Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Football Discussion

Some good quotes from DD on various players;

https://ncstate.rivals.com/news/dave...otball-offense

On Carson Wise;

“He definitely started with the ones and hasn’t given it back and has done everything you’d want him to do: be consistent and make the kicks he’s capable of making and now being in pressure situations. The next step is live rush when those guys are trying to block kicks on him, and that will come next Saturday, but he’s done everything to stay where he was when he got here and I don’t expect that to change."

I wonder, if we had to make a very long desperation 3, if Bambard would be the guy. Hope we don't get into that situation, but Bambard likely has a stronger leg.

I don't want Bambard to ever kick another FG for us. Kickoffs yes, but not FGs. With the weapons we have on offense I would go for it if we are outside the redzone. Inside the redzone, lets see what the new guy can do. Otherwise, lets just go for it. That can definitely be to our advantage because we now truly have four downs to get 10 years. No just three downs to get ten yards. Our playbook opens up knowing we are going for it the entire time.

I hope we just pick one guy and stick with him. '

One of the biggest mistakes last season was pulling Haskins after an 0-2 start. I think if we stuck with him then there would be been more consistency in the kicking game. Haskins was 4/5(20/21 if you include XPA) after Bambard was pulled.
    NC State '13

I agree. If the new guy came in as the number 1 and he doesn't do anything to lose it then he is our guy. If he craps the field I say just go for it rather than put Bambard in.
    Last edited by WolfHowl; 08-08-2017 at 10:37 AM.

My eyes are burning. At the top of my forums page is an ad for Carolina football tickets with a big picture of Fedora. Make it stop.

Pssst. The mobile app doesn't have that.

2 Weeks till kick off!

deleted due to misleading information
    Last edited by Dof87; 08-22-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thepackwillbeback View Post
    My eyes are burning. At the top of my forums page is an ad for Carolina football tickets with a big picture of Fedora. Make it stop.
    Just get yourself one of those russian brides to put some ice packs on there for you so you can watch sling tv and drive your jeep latitude around

Quote Originally Posted by thepackwillbeback View Post
    Come on, read the story before posting. They are punished for alcohol and marijuana use. They are not involved in the sexual assault allegations. PI posted that garbage earlier today on Twitter.
    Thanks for clarifying. I read the PI story on the site, which evidently was misleading and short on facts. I did not find any other stories at that time.