Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The NCAA. Is. Pissed. (7/25/2017 Edition) (10/13/2017 Update: J/K. We cool.)

Sooo, February 13th, 2018, it is then, huh?

That is, "IF," this limelighting, politically correct to the hilt, ALL ABOUT $$$, and the money grubbing entity that was once known as "The NCAA," isn't going to ride the current wave of completely ignoring THEIR OWN rules and bylaws, and just say, "Hey, that was all a different time and place, surely we're all bigger than that now, and we have jointly "progressed" well beyond that now? No one actually expects us, or anyone else for that matter, to actually "punish" someone for proven wrongdoing, do they? Seriously??? In this totally enlightened day and age that we now live in??? That's absurd!!!" Now is the time to move forward and simply let bygones be bygones."

As far as this "NCAA" even having the nads to an appeal process necessary in the first place, I guess that is yet to be seen?

But, if they somehow manage to shock the entire planet by actually attempting to uphold their own rules and bylaws, then I'm thinking that somewhere, and somehow, UNC's legal counsel will find, or create, yet another appeal option that will drag this out well beyond the date that I listed above.
    Last edited by redfredina; 10-12-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Git em Fred. Tomorrow is for you buddy.

We should start a poll on what we think the outcome of the NCAA investigation will be. I, for one, am not expecting anything remotely fitting the crime.

I think the absolute proof of how poorly run and impotent the NCAA is will be on full display tomorrow.

With the white hot heat from the FBI ongoing investigation, the tidal wave of bad publicity they've taken over this UNC abomination, and Emmert's recently announced Condoleeza Rice chaired committee to "fix NCAA basketball" - you'd think they'd be looking around at themselves and saying, "We need to very publicly position ourselves as staunch defenders of fairness and justice. We need to be seen as part of the solution or we'll be laughed at and sent packing." My guess is, they are oblivious and will get laughed at.
    Last edited by Papajohn; 10-12-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Keatts - 3/19/17 - “No matter what they say about us, no matter what they think about us, understand that with time … we will be champions again, and I promise you that.”

Papa, I agree with you. I will be shocked if basketball or football are damaged at all. I sure would hate to be on the rugby team though.

Women's basketball will take the brunt of the punishment is my prediction. Football will get time served and boy's basketball will get minor slaps. Could see a huge fine but that is why they allowed the delay for fund raising. It will look bad really only chicken feed in the real scheme of things.

Women's hoops and the football team will be hit, but something is up with Roy and his boys. At least, I know as of a couple months ago they were pretty worried.

What time is the announcement

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyVguy View Post
    What time is the announcement
    UNC has just submitted new 'evidence' this morning. So the report will not be issued today and the investigation will look into these items. Estimates are an additional 8 months before they release a new NOA.

Link to Article
    Last edited by Dof87; 10-13-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dof87 View Post
    UNC has just submitted new 'evidence' this morning. So the report will not be issued today and the investigation will look into these items. Estimates are an additional 8 months before they release a new NOA.

Link to Article
    Friday the 13th.

Is that a joke? I haven't clicked the link yet.