Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The NCAA. Is. Pissed. (7/25/2017 Edition) (10/13/2017 Update: J/K. We cool.)

That one works.

Funny, they don't list McCants as an AFAM Studies major.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfHowl View Post
    Funny, they don't list McCants as an AFAM Studies major.
    Because he never graduated. This is a list of their "degree" received.

Thanks. That one is legible, and while not complete, and not even revealing the academic results for a full compliment of UNC MEN'S BASKETBALL ROSTER/PLAYERS, for that ONE season, which is their NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON of 2005, it CLEARLY PROVES everything that I have been saying all along. It also clearly confirms every bit of the math that I have used in making each and all of those assertions.

Sooo, again, and I going to beat it even further into the ground, "IF", over HALF of the roster of UNC's MEN's BASKETBALL ROSTER were actually seated in that ONE COURSE OF STUDY, supposedly along with supposedly "EQUAL" RATIOS of their 100 PLUS participants involving their men's football roster being, using the same percentages as their men's basketball participation rates, that would be like somewhere around 60 to 70 more signed up in the AFAM department, then there's Sylvia Hatchell's (OH NO!!!) women's basketball participation, the baseball team, field hockey, water polo and on and on...

In other words, what I am saying is, is that "IF" those numbers were even anything close to believable, or remotely legit, then for regular UNC students to comprise slightly more half of the available seating, those individual AFAM class sizes would have to be... what.... 300 or 400 students each? AND, with UNC so PROUDLY promoting average class sizes of around 20 seats, and a 14 to 1 student-faculty ratio, well...

Simply stated, I do not give a hoot in hell how asinine or what fantasy land UNC thinks they are living in, or WHO it is over at The NCAA that is makes the final determination, could be an eight year old for all I care, but "IF" UNC receives anything, and I do mean ANY-THING, short of 10X any punishment that The NCAA has EVER DOLED OUT TO ANY OTHER OF IT'S 'MEMBER' INSTITUTIONS, well then, folks, it will be an outright travesty. There is simply no other outcome that any decent individual, that any similar institution, or any other entity anywhere, that has honestly tried to adhere to rules of common decency and fair play, in any venue, should consider as an acceptable outcome for EVERYTHING that UNC has done... with the express intentions of... doing whatever it takes and undeniably CHEATING their way to... to the very tippy top of NCAA sanctioned, and their god-like stature within the world of collegiate basketball... over the course of 4 or 5 consecutive decades... of brown nosing and tattle tailing on others... sadly using social issues as their complete camouflage, while fully believing that rules that to applied all others, did not even remotely apply to them, and their ***TAR HEEL MEN'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM!!!***, and not even in the least.
    Last edited by redfredina; 08-22-2017 at 12:18 PM.

How long will it be before we know anything?

AG, I'd say... as soon the lawyers for both sides have all gotten together and figured the very best way that they can word it, so as to make it appear as if UNC is being severely punished initially, but with all kinds of easy escape hatches built into all of their toothless legalese... that are intended have "the horribly mistreated UNC Tarheel Men's Basketball program," and Roy Williams, back up and running, just as always, and in no time flat. As a matter fact, and I've said this all before, as usual, but I can see where that vaulted UNC men's BB program will be raised upon an even taller pedestal than ever before, they will be absolute HEROES!!! for their 'ability to overcome the completely outrageous punishment that The NCAA had once saddled them with.' And, as we all know, The NCAA itself, would like nothing more than to see exactly that.

Sooo, be patient and just hang in there, Afterglow. I can almost assure you that they are all behind the scenes daily, working feverishly on it, all in unison, and all, placing much more emphasis upon their same final goal, than they have on anything else that was ever involved throughout. When lawyers, representing both UNC and The NCAA, are convinced that they have concocted a sufficiently intricate explanation, one that will similarly hoodwink the general public the way that UNC's "math" and their seating ratios did on The NCAA itself, THEN, they'll release their findings. How long that will take, WTH knows??? We'll just have to wait it out.
    Last edited by redfredina; 08-27-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Andrew Carter reporting tomorrow is the day, one way or the other: From a source: the NCAA Committee on Infractions tomorrow at noon will release its final report, including penalties, in the UNC case.

I think the fact they just landed a 5 star recruit is a pretty good indication it's going to be a mild slap on the wrist. If it's something stronger they will take it to court, so either way nothing is happening to them in the short term.

Wait, I've got it. They are going to ban the football team from going to a bowl this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thepackwillbeback View Post
    I think the fact they just landed a 5 star recruit is a pretty good indication it's going to be a mild slap on the wrist. If it's something stronger they will take it to court, so either way nothing is happening to them in the short term.

Wait, I've got it. They are going to ban the football team from going to a bowl this year.
    Maybe. I would assume the team is still telling everyone that nothing is going to happen to them. He also wanted to go to Arizona or Miami, who have a darker cloud. Couple that with this as a report or rumor, means he would not have known.

In short, I don't think it is an indicator, but hoping he sees the results and has to restart the recruiting process all over.

Not sure if its going to be a popcorn moment or just a head shaker. I'd predict they would hammer the womens' bb program hard and just pick at the others with scholly hits, but that would lead to some charges of discrimination. So the next way to protect the MBB program is to hit all sports (since non revenue athletes also took classes) and make it look like a bigger punishment as a whole without a particularly hard blow to MBB (or FB). That's my prediction.