Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The NCAA. Is. Pissed. (7/25/2017 Edition) (10/13/2017 Update: J/K. We cool.)

See, that's what pisses me off about the whole thing. The only reason they had those seemingly legal fake classes was to make sure their team APR stayed up. I'm so done with this. The NCAA should never bust another university for nothing. They should just go screw themselves and call it a day. Worthless organization completely.

Haven't read this whole thread (too depressing), but I will say that I've seen many references to sportswriters' reactions, and have yet to see a single one who agrees with the decision. To put it another way, no one outside of UNC and the NCAA thinks this is right and good.

Quote Originally Posted by 67whiteshoes View Post
    Haven't read this whole thread (too depressing), but I will say that I've seen many references to sportswriters' reactions, and have yet to see a single one who agrees with the decision. To put it another way, no one outside of UNC and the NCAA thinks this is right and good.
    That's just it, shoes, The NCAA is a governing body that people everywhere have placed their full trust and faith in, in regards to doing what is RIGHT for the thousands upon thousands of kids who are involved in athletics while enrolled at one of The NCAA's member institutions. Ah but, as of now, now that almighty UNC has succeeded in setting an all new low, and one that completely disregards the aspect of those kids even remotely attempting gain an education, it appears that The NCAA has seen fit to back them in it every step of the way.

Point is, UNC/THE NCAA are now forcing an entire population, who thought differently, to totally reconsider their very definition of what constitutes the (SERIOUSLY LOWERED) values contained in words such as "right" and "just," as well as to totally reevaluate what they thought collegiate athletics were always intended to be.

If you're UNC, you have got to be damned proud in your great successes in all of that.
    Last edited by redfredina; 10-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.

one more time...

Now that we've all been taken for complete fools, does anyone else find it completely beyond absurd that it is the exact same University, who through their Head Basketball Coach, many, many decades ago, had gained huge political clout and immense notoriety involving their stance on issues involving race, that it was that EXACT SAME UNIVERSITY/UNC, that no sooner when they had figured that they could apparently then "do no wrong," they immediately turned it all around and began using and abusing those same black athletes by running them through on a conveyor belt with total disregard about whether or not they were actually receiving an education at their "University" of North Carolina, Chapel Hill???

I mean, c'mon, SOMEBODY???

SACS, really?

https://alumni.unc.edu/news/sacs-res...accreditation/

Well folks, got some bad news. I had a little party at the house this past weekend, it grew and grew as the night dragged on and on for what seemed like a couple of decades, about 100 people showed up, some folks were snorting cocaine, a couple more shooting up on heroine, all of a sudden this huge fight broke out, and next thing I know, someone was shot, and died, right there on my own living room floor!!!

Next thing I know the place was swarming with police, DEA, and all sorts of SWAT team members are stationed all around everywhere!!! But hey, after completely surrounding the place and further questioning everyone involved for what seemed like another 5 or 6 years, they discovered that 51 of the people there hadn't even so much as had a single beer, and they just said, "What the hell! Everyone can go home now."

Moral is, if you're going to do something you know good and well that you could never get away with, and that is just flat-out wrong as hell, make sure you do it while INTENTIONALLY INVITING a majority of other innocent bystanders to be just there standing around when the whole thing goes down.

case closed, end of story

lDK WTH is up with thread, but I'ma postin' anyway...

Well folks, got some bad news. I had a little party at the house this past weekend, it grew and grew as the night dragged on and on for what seemed like a couple of decades, about 100 people showed up, some folks were snorting cocaine, a couple more shooting up on heroine, all of a sudden this huge fight broke out, and next thing I know, someone was shot, and died, right there on my own living room floor!!!

Next thing I know the place was swarming with police, DEA, and all sorts of SWAT team members are stationed all around everywhere!!! But hey, after completely surrounding the place and further questioning everyone involved for what seemed like another 5 or 6 years, they discovered that 51 of the people there hadn't even so much as had a single beer, and they just said, "What the hell! Everyone can go home now."

Moral is, if you're going to do something you know good and well that you could never get away with, and that is just flat-out wrong as hell, make sure you do it while INTENTIONALLY INVITING a majority of other innocent bystanders to be just there standing around when the whole thing goes down.

case closed, end of story

I laugh every time I read the title of this thread. Either they weren't really that pissed, or they were getting pissed on by UNC but they thought it was rain. Either way, this thread title is a riot, especially with making 1 sentence into multiple sentences to try and emphasize how (non)pissed they are. lolololololololol Burn it all down. And I mean ALL. A reset of the world.

I thought of closing the thread and starting another one, but the NCAA's own response to UNC's explanation of their accusations was, by almost anyone's standards, accurately described as "pissed". There is a reason why so many in the media are shocked, and some of them a little frustrated, at the NCAA's decision and it's not because of 'hopeful thinking'.

I'm not sure what balm was applied to the burning tempers of the NCAA between their NOA response and COI sentencing, but apparently it's a wonder drug.

The only drug involved here is the NCAA should be drug out and shot.