Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Fire doeren

I wonder is seemingly consistently poor play by the special teams unit a systemic or coaching problem? I lean towards coaching but maybe I don't understand the Pack's situation well enough. Is it beyond the programs expectations to recruit an adequate FG kicker? Kids make mistakes I hope there are no more blown assignments on kickoffs. I was hoping that Coach D would be able to identify problems and hopefully fix them of course the season is young, so maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfPack View Post
    I honestly don't mind giving DD another 3 years.

The reason is new coach we will be able to bring to our school will have no capability of turning this program around. It will just be another waste of 5 years waiting with excuse of having new coach's own player.

This is systematic problem, not coach's problem.
    3 years, my ***.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfPack View Post
    I honestly don't mind giving DD another 3 years.

The reason is new coach we will be able to bring to our school will have no capability of turning this program around. It will just be another waste of 5 years waiting with excuse of having new coach's own player.

This is systematic problem, not coach's problem.
    I kind of agree with you. However, I do hold the coach more accountable than you. But I don't see any firing offenses.
    Think about it, for how long have we been cycling through coaches every 6 years or less?

Lou Holtz - 72-75
    Bo Rein - 76-79
    Monte Kiffin 80-82
    Tom Reed 83-85
    Dick Sheridan 86-92
    Mike O'Cain 93-99
    Chuck Amato 00-06
    Tom O'Brien 07-12

Whether they left, or we sent them packing, we don't keep anyone around long since Earl Edwards's reign in the 60s. Why don't we try keeping a guy in place for 10 years, just to see if it makes a difference?
    Let him try to establish a culture. Develop recruiting channels. Allow him to gradually upgrade the quality of our players until we consistently expect a high level of performance, year in and out.
    I think there is a lot of things to like about DD. He's a young coach with a good head on his shoulders, and he's going to get better and better. He genuinely likes it here, and is committed to building our program to where we want it to be.
    I don't know if our AD, or any other AD, can stand up to the 'win quickly or take a hike' mentality of sports today, but I think it would be worth a try.
    Keatts - 3/19/17 - “No matter what they say about us, no matter what they think about us, understand that with time … we will be champions again, and I promise you that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Papajohn View Post
    However, I do hold the coach more accountable than you. But I don't see any firing offenses.

What I am trying to convey is that I am all for firing Doeren right now if we have surefire caliber coach coming to NC State like Nick Saban. DD clearly do not "extra" years if his team don't perform this year.

When you think of where our program stand in college football and where we are in our conference, There is nearly 0% chance we are going to bring coach that can turn around the program.

When I am saying it is no the problem of coach, It means our porgram just cannot bring any better coach than Doeren and that is fact that we have to face. We can not just wish we hit the jackpot by bring in young coach who will become next Nick Saban.

GOD!!! We are losing to ECU and Duke !!!
    Last edited by WolfPack; 09-08-2017 at 02:44 PM.

And I'm not ready to fire him today. But I'm not ready to arbitrarily give him 3 years either. If we are losing to ECU and Duke can it get any worse by hiring a new guy? Anyway, though, we ain't there yet. We lost one game. I guess the natural thought is that because we lost to SC, that must mean we suck and we're going to lose a lot of games. Maybe not. We'll see.

With regard to the line of coaches we've endured, 3 of them chose to leave, 2 deserved to be fired after just 3 years, the rest were given 6 to improve the program and failed.

IMO, many schools would have shown less patience.

H
    Last edited by Howler; 09-11-2017 at 08:28 AM.

IMO many schools like State don't recruit a deep enough field of athleticism for coverage and can't chance putting some of their best (positional two deep) at risk.

H

Sigh................... Bump

Again we seem slow to make defensive adjustments.

Tiresome and embarrassing.

H

We have seen this movie before, and we know how it ends... there are no alternate endings... we end up going 6-6, barely bowl eligible, barely beat Southeast Tennessee Community Mountain College in the Pepto-Bismol Toilet Bowl, and we end up all marching as a shit-faced drunk, angry mob, stumbling and puking onto DYs lawn carrying torches, demanding DDs hard head on a platter... wash, rinse, repeat.