Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1257

Thread: [COACHING SEARCH] Candidates for MBB Coaching Job

Guess we can use this thread to talk about other coaching searches;

Interesting, Washington hired Mike Hopkins, long time Bohiem assistant at Syracuse. And some though he'd be heir apparent to the orange throne.

Arkansas State hired Louisville assistant Mke Balado.

Indiana has hired Parker search firm.
    Last edited by Dof87; 03-19-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dof87 View Post
    Interesting, Washington hired Mike Hopkins, long time Bohiem assistant at Syracuse. And some though he'd be heir apparent to the orange throne.

Arkansas State hired Louisville assistant Mke Balado.
    My guess is that Boehiem said he wanted to coach another year or two longer than expected and Hopkins said "F this. Its going to be hard enough replacing a legend, now I have to keep waiting. Im outtttt!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by packpanthermav View Post
    My guess is that Boehiem said he wanted to coach another year or two longer than expected and Hopkins said "F this. Its going to be hard enough replacing a legend, now I have to keep waiting. Im outtttt!!!"
    Yeah from what I've read that seems to be the consensus opinion.

Anyone besides Alford being mentioned at Indiana?

LSU flew to Richmond to talk to Wade today. Has Clemson fans nervous he may go there and some are wanting to get rid of brownell and hire him while they can.

I hope Wade mades moves so we can go after Batts

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackSI View Post
    I hope Wade mades moves so we can go after Batts
    Looks like Wade is a favorite for the LSU job. He has already been in discussions with them.

Quote Originally Posted by pack attack View Post
    You bring up good point except for your hate of the internet. I use the internet to look up stats all the time doesn't make them less true than if I got them from the stat book itself. I also doubt "the media" has a huge axe to grind. There are good sources online just like there are ones. Dismissing all of the internet and claiming using it at all is irresponsible is going overboard. The stories I saw were old and dated back before the hire. I hope the investigation and punishment end quickly and it's over with but most of the people I talk to say it shouldn't be an issue so I feel better.

I hope your right but I'm just cautious after what we went through after V. I'm a natural skeptic so I tend to think the worst at first. It I've come around as most fans will after the conference today. I hope he does great and excited to see the players look happy. I've come around after watching a few games and reading more about the circumstances around the other candidates. I want someone who wants to be here and I hope our own coach K does as well as the one down the road. Go pack!
    I don't hate the internet or else I wouldn't be on this site. Stats are objective. Kinda hard to get that wrong as they get that information off official scorebooks. Investigative journalism, however, his highly subjective and nowadays highly suspect. The articles you are reading would fit that category. So, I don't hate the internet but I am definitely skeptical to believe everything I read on the internet. In fact, it doesn't even have to be the internet. If that book hadn't come out about V with all those unfounded accusations we probably wouldn't have fired him. So I hope you can see why a lot of people on this site were taking offense to your posts. We don't need to relive another situation of baseless accusations that lead to termination of our coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Exterminator View Post
    Looks like Wade is a favorite for the LSU job. He has already been in discussions with them.
    I would think Gott would be after that job, although I doubt they would hire him.
    Last edited by Dof87; 03-20-2017 at 07:47 AM.

^let it go (please). We were well past all that already.

I would think Gott would be after that job, although I doubt they would hire him.
    He would seem perfect for it. The only thing that would hurt him would be the connection to Jones in the past. I am surprised they aren't trying to go after the SMU coach.

He should go back to ESPN do some more learning. Maybe this time he will learn some defense.

Clem's son just confirmed that Brownell will return next year. I guess LSU will get Wade.